San Jose, Calif. (February 1, 2016) – The information center at Oakmont of San Jose, a new luxury retirement community in the Bay Area, is now open to the public. Seniors and their families are invited to call or visit Oakmont at 2211 Moorpark Ave., Suite 218, seven days a week for more information.
Oakmont of San Jose will be a 63,997 square foot community featuring 47 assisted living and 19 memory care apartment homes with studio, one and two bedroom options ranging from 400 to 878 square feet, all with 10 foot high ceilings and spacious bathrooms. The community, located at 917 Thornton Way in San Jose, will be open for move-ins in late summer/early fall 2016.
Oakmont of San Jose will cater to active seniors in search of resort-style amenities and continuing care services. “San Jose is a great city for seniors to live,” said Crystal Robinson, Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Oakmont Senior Living. “Residents and their families will enjoy our community’s close proximity to great dining and shopping at Santana Row as well as excursions to popular destinations like Filoli Gardens and the San Jose Museum of Art.”
To meet the diverse demands of vibrant and refined seniors, the community’s amenity package for all residents includes:
- Gourmet meals served in a restaurant-style dining room, with a full menu designed and prepared by a five-star executive chef and culinary team
- On and off-site recreational and social activities
- A library, movie theater with plush seating, full-size fitness center with exercise classes and activity rooms with scheduled social events, games, arts and crafts
- An onsite salon and day spa, private dining room, flower and vegetable garden, walking paths and a pet park
- Maintenance, housekeeping and laundry services are provided
- Chauffeured transportation and concierge services to make daily tasks even easier
Oakmont of San Jose will offer specialized care services that promote continued wellness, including a nurse onsite 7-days a week, 24-hour care staff, and a Concierge Physician Program where participating residents can see their doctor without leaving the community. Additionally, Oakmont of San Jose will provide comprehensive memory care services for individuals with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia.
Care options are customized to the needs of each resident and will include medication management, health monitoring and assessments, grooming assistance, dietary guidance, diabetic programs, escort services to offsite appointments and activities, appointment coordination and temporary in-home care. For more information, call (408) 915-3272.